Face to face or online appointments are available to clients.

Who am I and What do I Offer?

My name is Valérie Roger and I am a French lady based in the Mayenne department. The aim of my business is to help the English-speaking community with their French experience. This may be anything from a simple translation to very specialized secretarial, relocation and administrative work. We also provide a personalized property search service.


My business was born from the love of helping people and a passion for the English language. The business was established 15 years ago, and since then has flourished, as you can see from my client testimonials.


What Locations Do I Cover?

I work in the areas of 53, 61, 35, 50, 72, 85, and 14 but I can travel anywhere in France. My assistance is professional, friendly and I am proud to say that my discretion and reliability are second to none.


Day after day, I try to solve problems, arrange situations and make life easier for the expats or those who own second homes. I am reliable and efficient and  have helped a great many people by solving all sorts of issues that they found too complicated to solve on their own.


For me, no job is too small or too big. I enjoy the challenge of cutting through the red tape and finding the most satisfactory outcome for each of my clients.

Our Services

We provide a range of services, including property search, helping you relocate to France, obtaining residency, administration of property sales/purchases and day to day requirements such as translations, obtaining/exchanging driving licences and finding health cover.

If you are looking for a property in France we provide a unique service to find you properties to look at.

We can help you with the process of obtaining or renewing your residency permit.

If you need to swap your existing licence for a French driving licence we can help you with this.

SOS Anglo will help make the sale or purchase of your house a little less stressful.

SOS Anglo can help you set up your health cover for living in France whether you are working or retired.

We will guide you through all aspects of setting up your business in France.

We can advise and help you with your  relocation to France, including dealing

with utility companies.

Visa for France

No matter what type of visa you need, we can help you with the the process of obtaining it.

We will help you prepare all the necessary documentation required to register a car in France.

COVID-19 Update: Mask-wearing Regulations

Masks must be worn on public transport and in all indoor public spaces (as before) but this now includes indoor venues where a Health Pass must be shown in order to enter, such as cafés, bars, restaurants, leisure centres and cinemas.


You must also wear a mask when moving through venues such as bars and restaurants but not when seated and eating or drinking.


IF YOU GO SKIING masks must be worn in télécabine lifts and when queuing for a ski lift, but it's not necessary on open chair lifts or on the slopes. A ski mask is acceptable if it covers your nose and mouth entirely.


Failure to comply with mask-wearing rules can result in a fine of €135 so please ensure you comply with the rules and remember to socially distance.

COVID-19 travel requirements

From Friday 14th January 2022 fully vaccinated travellers do not need an essential reason to enter France nor to isolate on arrival.


When travelling to the UK or France you must complete the signed attestation stating reasons for travel. Travellers to France need a negative antigen or PCR test 24 hours prior to entry into the country. You also need to complete a sworn statement regarding no symptoms of Covid-19 or contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the previous 14 days.


Full details of travel requirements can be found on our Travel Advice page here.

If you are looking for a property in France, whether it is for a residential property or a holiday home, but you can't travel here, or you are simply too busy to search for one, SOS Anglo can help you, with our unique Property Search Service.


We can source properties according to your requirements, provide you with comprehensive information and view them for you in order to provide an impartial report, including photos and videos.


We can help with the whole process from the initial search to the completion of the purchase, for a fixed fee.


We have an extensive network of professionals to help us find you that French property of your dreams.


Full details are available here on our new dedicated website www.sosanglopropertysearch.com


Ask Valerie...

Recently, clients have been asking about their Carte de Séjour.

Driving in Europe: What are the Covid rules and checks at road borders?

Thelocal.fr have put together a guide for Covid rules and road border checks for France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway.


If you are planning to travel to any of these countries by car, it is worth checking out their guide, which details exactly what each country's requirements are.


Over 65s require a booster jab for the Health Pass

The Covid-19 booster jab is a requirement for extending the Health Pass for the over 65s as from 15th December. They are already eligible for a third dose of the vaccine, along with high risk groups, and this will be extended to anyone over 50 from the beginning of December. The health pass will no longer be valid for any over 65s that are eligible for a booster shot but haven't had it. As the booster needs to be administered 6 months after the last dose, those eligible for it but who had their last dose less than 6 months ago should not be affected. However, it is still not clear how this will work.

Have you had your passport stamped on entering or leaving France?

When travelling, always show your residence document (or email confirmation of your WARP application) when you present your passport at border controls, especially in the Shengen area. Passports should not be stamped for residents.


The British Embassy posted this information regarding the stamping of passports:

“Your passport may be stamped on entry and exit but this will not affect your rights in the country or countries where you live or work. If a passport is incorrectly stamped, the stamp is considered null and void when you can show evidence of lawful residence.”


They also stated that If you have rights under the Withdrawal Agreement you do not need any extra months on your passport to enter or exit EU countries.

Your UK driving licence in France

If your UK driving licence was issued before 1 January 2021 your UK licence is recognised in France for as long as it is valid. You can only exchange your licence if it is due to expire within 6 months. If you do not have a valid reason to request an exchange, your application will be rejected.


If your UK licence has expired, or has less than 6 months’ validity remaining, you must exchange it for a French licence from 28th June. You do NOT need to take a driving test.

We can help you with driving licence exchanges and you can find details here, along with full details of the information issued by the British government.

Emotional Support Helpline for English-speakers in France

During lockdown many people felt isolated and afraid - but for people living far from home and family it can be much worse. But for anyone struggling there is an English-language helpline specifically aimed at foreigners living in France. The SOS Helpline is a long-established charity, but could be particularly useful for people struggling with the current situation - or any aspect of life in France.

You can find out more information on The Local FR website here.

If you need help and support, SOS Help can be reached on 01 46 21 46 46


Brexit has brought with it new rules and regulations for foreigners living or visiting France. If you have a property in France, whether it is a holiday home or a permanent residence, Brexit will affect you and many people are still confused about the new rules and requirements.


SOS Anglo can help you with anything Brexit-related. If you are concerned about how any of these changes may affect you, email us or call us for a chat and we will look at the practicalities of your situation, offer advice – and let you know what changes you may need to make.

Looking to Start a Business?

Valerie shared her top tips and advice with Lara Norris from AltarNatives on running a business generally and also running a business in France.


The full training is in her new course, The Yew Fellowship.

You can find more details on their website: www.yewfellowship.com